Tomorrow, Saturday, February 8, 2014, a relatively large flock of our Andover Newton Theological School friends, will be attending an enormous, yet peaceful demonstration in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Moral March on Raleigh, is expected to draw as many as 20,000 marchers to the southern city and is being described as “the most massive moral rally in the South since Selma!"
Issues to be addressed, include:
- Economic sustainability, alleviating poverty and expanding labor rights for all
- Supporting a fully funded, constitutional public education
- Healthcare for all, protecting Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, and the Affordable Care Act
- Disparities in the criminal justice system
- Protecting and expanding voting rights and civil rights
The march has been organized by the Historic Thousands on Jones Street (HKonJ) People’s Assembly Coalition.
This group includes members from the more than 125 North Carolina State Conference NAACP branches, youth councils, high school and college chapters, and over 160 other social justice organizations.
To learn more, please visit: hkonj.com
As you go through your busy Saturday, please think of these extremely dedicated people–as well as all of the GOOD–for which they march. – Doug.